We’re not box-checkers or micromanagers. We give our teams the agency to create and build without the burden of nagging process overhead. We find new roads to delivery while sticking to principles rather than following the words in a book or training. We forge paths on every project by focusing on the strategic vision first, while having a keen sense of process, timeline, and budget.
In episode seven of Sprints & Milestones, we talk about how project managers can move on from that rigid, box-checking way of working to being more open-minded, and strategic about the way they handle projects and teams. A few topics discussed include:
- The evolution of the project management role
- Having operational awareness, no matter your role
- How having a better understanding of your work and team help you to make better strategic decisions
- Doing more and being more helps your career long-term
- Tools to help you to think more strategically